Sunday, May 12, 2013

Review of month of April





April 18, 2013
Lately I've been thinking alot  about my childhood. Not too much. Only when I have free time to think. Like right now, during lunch. I fixed myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and eating tortilla chips. Not a very common combination, yet I distinctly remember eating them together. Don't worry, there are carrot sticks too. Totally something mom has fed me before. I think a lot about what my parents have taught me. The more I reflect the more I appreciate what they taught and did for me. I can see how it has shaped me into the person I am today. Also today during laguage study I came across 2 Nephi chapter 3. It's prophesying that Joseph Smith will come from Lehi's son Joseph, but the last verse screams to me, "remember the words which have been spoken of by your father." The longer I don't have the constant contact with my parents, the more I have found how much they have taught me. The gospel blesses families. This is true. But God, our Heavenly Father, blesses us with families. He knows us better than we know ourselves. He was and is fully aware of what we are doing when He sends us to the families that He does. He wants us to grow, learn and develop and become just like Him. He gave us... He gave me just who I needed to get started. And the best part about families is that they love you so much that they will always be there for you. And the better part is that they really can be with me forever!
  Right now they aren't sitting her finishing a bag of carrot sticks with me, but I do know that they are praying for me. I can feel their prayers. I tear up every time! I know that they are looking forward to Mother's day (next month) when they can hear my voice and I am looking forward to hearing theirs!

Karee with her family (minus Kamber)just before she left


April 19, 2013
Red Dotted
6:30am text received from the Brookline Elders,"One of the bombing suspects was killed in a gun fight near Watertown, the other one is around Watertown also so you guys need to avoid the city and stay near Roslindale. It's a giant man hunt! Stay safe." We were just getting ready to go running. We were stretching when we received another text saying,"We were all red dotted. That the public transportation had been shut down and we were to stay inside until further notice." After consulting with other sister missionaries in the area and what they had learned from the man hunt, we learned that police would be searching houses in the Watertown area. We aren't to answer unless we are sure it is the police because the people shouldn't be out anyways.
  I can hear the helicopter searching... Wow Heavenly Father knew I was going to need the atonement to take away the fear I was already having, but also the fear that would come from this. I have felt peace this whole time. Sadness, yes! But I know everything is going to be ok. I know Heavenly Father is looking after us as missionaries. He will keep us safe.







April 22, 2013
Something just clicked for me. District meeting is like the Sunday School class specific to missionaries.
 Church is on Sunday, but we aren't there for ourselves. We are there with our less actives or investigators. It's a day and a time we devote to them.
  We are there to answer questions and help them in any way that we can.
  District mtg is when we share our testimonies, where we receive guidance specific for us from our leader. Where we can learn from the scriptures on a level that is at our level.
  Sundays are to be fed(as members) by others and edified by sharing your testimony strengthening it as you go. Sundays are the day to be fed and edified, a jump start for the week.
  But as missionaries, we aren't supposed to expect as much on those days to receive all we need  to go through out the week. So we need district meeting.
  As missionaries we need to have the spirit with us more because we can't be successful without the spirit. That's why we study so much. That's why we have district meeting...fill our lamp with oil
Sis. Van Wagnen, Karee, Sis Smith, Elder Gonzales, Hrma Hileman, Sis Garcia, Elder Chatterton, Sis Wagner

The district

No comments:

Post a Comment