Sunday, August 18, 2013

I Thought I Was Busy Last Week.....

August 5, 2013

Hello family and friends,

The work of the Lord is surely hastening. Sister Hobbs and I now are over both the first and the second wards here in Worcester. What does this mean??? Well it means we combine what we normally did between the two of us and then we add another few lessons to teach to people investigating the church, add a family history class, and some relief society classes. We have a bigger distance to cover so we will be making a lot of phone calls in the car. And even though it is going to be crazy for the next few weeks, I know that Heavenly Father is taking care of us. I know that He is going to allow us to get things done. Some days seem to just fly by, but at the end of the day we have things done. 

So much has happened it is hard to know where to even start. Tuesday was a day for Sister Miller to pack and say a few goodbyes. We were also able to meet with Brother Ferrin the Second ward mission leader. Since we now have access to the computer more often we have started a few google Docs to show the ward what we are doing throughout the week and who we are working with. This is really a neat experience and is really letting the ward get more involved in the work.
Sis Miller and Karee before she left for Boston.

Yesterday I had a very special humbling experience. President and Sister Packard came to both wards to visit. (It was also fast and testimony meeting I might add, which was a very special opportunity to hear the members of the Spanish group bear their testimonies in their native language). In between the two wards, President pulled us all aside and explained his vision of the Spanish group. He talked about how not everyone gets the opportunity to start a group from scratch/nothing. He talked about how he is really expecting this group to grow into a branch before he goes home. It is so humbling that the Lord would trust me to be involved in setting the foundation for this group.
Albanian sister and Karee. She read the Book of Mormon in less than a week!

Ivi and Karee. Ivi was baptized  a couple of months ago and her aunt got her a future missionary tag!
 I have been thinking of those who have gone before me how have been called of God to do His work. Moses who was asked to lead the Children of Israel out of Eygpt. I think of Enoch who felt so unqualified to be a leader and yet "whom the Lord calls He qualifies." I think of Samuel and Joseph Smith who were both called at young ages to be prophets and were able to do so much. I am not saying that I am expecting to do great things and to be a great person. I would much rather do my best now and then be forgotten by the members. I am not here to be remembered I am here to help these people come closer to their Heavenly Father.
Sis Hobbs learning how to make tortillas

Sis Rodriquez teaching us how to make tortillas. Mine just ripped!

More teaching

Sis Rodriquez and Karee with the finished product!

the finished tortilla!



I love you all!
Love sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment