Sunday, September 22, 2013

A Short One this Week!

September 9, 2013


Sister Miller and Karee baking at Sis Lachmann's house(MOM note: this picture was sent to me by Sis Lachmann.  A special lady watching out for Karee. )    
Dearest family and friends,

I am learning so much! I hope that all is well at home and that you are not in a dust blown library like I am. (something wrong with the air system, no worries they just fixed it).

Tuesday, Sister Godoy really wanted to have some Dunkin' Donuts so because we didn't have a dinner, I typed it into the GPS and we found the nearest one. Luckily it was right next to a little convenient shop and I was able to have something...less greasy.  It is funny for me to see how she reacts to some of the culture conveniences that we have here. Whipped cream from a can was funny to see. But she sure does know her Spanish. That is really helping me.

We have been doing a lot of less-active finding here in Worcester especially with the Spanish population. This week we got back in contact with a sister, Iris. She is the mother of five and has led a really hard life. She is pretty loud and a little crazy, but a lot of fun! We are going to be working with her for sure. She has a daughter who is just a year or two older than me and she reminds me so much of Natalie P. I can't wait to start working with her more. 

We also started teaching Hailey. She is currently a student at one of the many colleges/universities here in Worcester. She is golden like Isabel. She was introduced to the church by her boyfriend and his family, but she is here on her own. No one made her come to church and meet us. We met on Thursday and she has such a strong desire to learn. We taught her about the Restoration and she said it makes sense. She loves to serve and loves that the church gives so many opportunities to do so. 

I think the thing that I realized most this week is that there are so many people here to look after me. I guess sometimes I get pretty busy. But no matter where we are or what we are doing, there is constantly some one there to feed us or check up on us. There are families here that would be willing to feed us every night if we would let them. Women who take me under their wing like I am their own daughter. Making sure I am taking care of myself physically and emotionally. Many of them don't know how much it really means to me. How to me they are answers to my own mother's prayers. They don't know that I will be forever grateful for them and all that they do. Heavenly Father is so aware of His missionaries and has and will continue to put people in their way to take care of them. We protected from harm and then some. A lot more "some!"
 
So I ate something totally disgusting to think about... really it was just chewy and I swallowed it down. Sister Godoy thought that they weren't too bad and ended up eating 7 or so. Oysters right? Or are they clams? I don't actually know because she said the name in Spanish and I don't really know which is which. Thank you Sister Sanchez for this dinner adventure.

Sis Sanchez and Sis Godoy

I love you all!
Always,
Sister K. Brown

(Sorry this letter is not quite what last weeks was

No comments:

Post a Comment