Monday, February 18, 2013

Landing in Boston!




February 5th, 2013

Dear Family,
 I am minutes away from landing in Boston! My heart is pounding, but with excitement not fear. I have received many confirmations by the spirit (the feeling of calm being one of my confirmations) that I am where I am supposed to be right now. I don't know if I quite feel like I am a missionary just yet, but being on the airplane with 25 other young people with black tags sure caused a hum.
These are the black tags she is talking about. Every missionary has one


   I was able to tell one man that we are all called of God by a prophet. Then I was able to tell him about how we have a prophet today and a little about prophets and the restoration. I wasn't as bold as I was on my flight to Salt Lake because we were told that the airport isn't our proselyting area. But then again I am on a plane and it will be landing in my mission....does that count?
   I hope that the MTC has changed me. My companions and teachers and branch leaders say that it has. I did notice that I was all packed 3 WHOLE days before it was time to leave! (Mom note: Karee was packing right up until the night before she left.) That's an improvement right? Just kidding! I know I have. I have learned so much Spanish (I am starting to think in Spanish and have to translate to English) I have learned so much about what a missionary actually means.The divinity and seriousness of the call has humbled me time and time again. To think God would have called me her and now and that He has prepared people to hear and feel of my testimony. I pray that I can have the spirit with me always to guide my every action and my words because I know that He is the real teacher. I know that my Redeemer lives. That Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. That those who come to Him in faith, faith unto repentance and baptism, that they will feel of His love and His grace. That they can be healed of all and that He will save them. I know lives can be changed, families blessed and individuals lifted to become more like our Heavenly Father.
   One of my favorite phrases in spanish is llegar a ser= to become. Llegar actually means to be lifted up. Therefore it literally means "to be lifted to a better state of being" or at least that what I like to think. Thus through the atonement, Christ lifts us up to a new level of being so that we can be better on a whole new level.
  Also someone pointed out that Jesus Christ's name is under ours on our name tags only because He is lifting us up. That by being His servants He is only lifting us to become more like Him. What kind of master would do that? Only one! Jesus Christ!
  I am humbled that I could be called a amissionary. Given power to proclaim His gospel to all who will hrar. That Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God! That He has restored His gospel in its fullness through a prophet Joseph Smith. That proper priesthood authority, the power to act in God's name, was restored again. That Joseph Smith translate the Book of Mormon, another testament of Jesus Christ. That any man can draw closer to God through reading the Book of Mormon and learning for themselves that it is true through prayer. I know it is true! Because I have asked God in prayer and He answered me.
   I am excited (yet still a little uncertain that I am ready) to share the gospel.
   You are in my prayers! May God bless you till we meet again!

                                                          All my love, Hermana Brown
Mission President Packard, Karee, and Sister Packard(this couple is in charge of all the missionaries for the Boston mission)

No comments:

Post a Comment