Sunday, February 10, 2013

Not Withstanding My Weaknesses

I have wanted to find a way to explain why my blog is called what it is called....Here's what I found.
Ether 12:25 (taken from the Book of Mormon)-
I have been given power in my words because I have been called as a missionary. "When [I] speak [I] behold [my] weaknesses, and stumble.....because of the language . I fear lest [the people] mock [or misunderstand me]."  (this is Karee's interpretation of Ether 12:25). But Christ's grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then I will make weak things become strong unto them. This is taken from Ether 12:27.(Book of Mormon)
It will take a miracle for my weaknesses to become strengths. "I am a God of miracles and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith." 2 Nephi 27:23(Book of Mormon). "Because those miracles were worked by small means it did show unto them marvelous works." Alma 37:41(Book of Mormon) I know that because of the atonement of Christ, my weaknesses can be made into strengths. It is up to me to act in faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment