Monday, February 11, 2013

The Storm Nemo....


February 11, 2013


Karee said the houses are all old fashioned and cute!

Here is what Storm Nemo left

I am safe and alive! The storm Nemo didn't keep me down... though I have some good pictures of my adventures!

FAMILY!!!
It feels like it has been so long since I have written. I have so much to say and so much to share.. most of it I will have to save for later. But I have pictures!!



The last few days of classes at the MTC were tough. I didn't want to read. I didn't feel ready and I didn't want to leave the friends I had made. Plus no one from my district was going to be coming with me. I was feeling like I still had so much I could learn and so much I needed to grow before I could truly feel prepared to share the Gospel with people. One of the last activities that we did was teach a younger class. They had only been there for about 2-3 weeks. It was good for me to see how much I actually knew and how much I was able to help them. I could see that I've grown and that I have learned some Spanish. Thank you Teachers!! Also, the last day, we had a really good lesson with Hna. Haglund. We talked abut lesson plans (how to make them, what makes a good lesson. etc.) Her brother who would be leaving the next day too came with his companion and we all sang Joseph Smith's first prayer. We sang the 3 verse in spanish together and then he sang the last in Italian. He is so good! Then we went out contacting. We started practicing where Hna. Jarvis was in Spanish and I would translate to English to Hna. Haglund. Then we went around to a couple of spanish speaking missionaries. It is so hard to just jump in and then in a few short minutes teach a lesson. We read together in the Libro de Mormon and then she challenged us to think about who we are wanting to become by the end of your missions.




President and Sister Bowen-MTC branch president and Karee

Bro and Sister Hobson-(in the branch presidency) and Karee

Hermana Hales and Karee-a new close friend
Saying goodbye to Hermana Haglund-my teacher


Saying Goodbyes was probably the hardest part. MOm you'd be proud.. I was done packing way before time.

I left around 6 and on the bus we all sang hymns. The first was God be with you til we meet again. And then we sang my song, there is sunshine in my soul. FOr the next 45 mins we sang hymns and I got to sit and think about my time at the MTC and try to convince myself that I was ready.

I flew in with a group of 26 missionaries. I temporarily assigned myself to a Portuguese sister. There were 14 sisters and 12 elders. I was the only spanish of all, but it was ok. It was good to call home but it didn't feel like it had been that long since I heard your voices. I tried to call my teacher hna. Haglund but I ran out of minutes.

I made it to Boston and we were met by Sister Packard and her two daughters Natalie and Angelina. President was a little late but he had a good excuse. We snapped a bunch of pictures but I sadly didn't get any of those.

My new address is:Hermana Karee Brown
                              94 Sherwood St
                              Roslindale, MA

                                            02131
That is right, no apt #. The houses here are divided up into different apartments. We live in a house. It just has different doors to different apts.
Hermana Hildabrand and Karee (Her first companion in Boston)

Karee and her temporary companion(not sure what that means, maybe for the flight to Boston)
Hermana Gomez


No comments:

Post a Comment