Sunday, January 6, 2013


Merry Christmas!

December 25, 2012

Dear family, friends and loved ones,
I want to take this time to reflect a little on what I have learned on this day that we celebrate the day of Christ's birth.
Born of Mary, in humble settings, a baby came into the world. I don't know of many births of which the angels sing, but of this birth, the heavens rejoiced. Angels appeared to shepherds and many came to adore the new born babe. Wise men from the East came seeking the child. Following the signs that had been given of His birth. Wise men and women of today still seek after Him. Though I am just a girl, a young woman of 21, barely starting off in the world on my own, I wish to be seen someday as one of the wise. One that has sought after the Lord and Savior of the world.
I love the testimony that Jacob shares in Jacob 4:4 about why he was writing, "That they may know that we knew of Christ, and we had a hope of his glory many hundred years before his coming..." Like Jacob I want all to know that I too have a knowledge of Christ. That He was born humbly in a stable, that He lived a perfect life going about doing good, blessing and healing the sick and afflicted, then on that dreadful evening He took upon Him our sins our afflictions in the Garden of Gethsemane. And that He indeed died for us because He loves us. I know that all that is unfair in life (unexpected death of loved ones, sickness, sorrow...) can be made right through the Atonement. I know that the power of the Atonement enables us to overcome challenges to allow us to become true disciples of Jesus Christ. I know that the Atonement is the greatest evidence of God's love for us. Because God so loved the world He gave His only Begotten Son. I know that through the Atonement Christ doesn't just make up the difference of our imperfections, but that He makes ALL the difference. I want to say that I do know that our Savior "was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." (Mosiah 14:5). I am so grateful for my knowledge of the Atonement. I am overwhelmed by the love that the Savior would die for me, so that I could live to die and die to live again forever! I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
Con amor,
Hermana K. Brown
PS. Russell M. Nelson came and spoke with his wife!!! I'll tell more about this in my email or letter on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment